Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday, August 19th


Yesterday's cooking consisted of my smoky sweet chicken salad, a croissant, fresh spinach salad with dried cranberries and slivered almonds. For dessert, a frosty Key Lime Ice Box Pie. I am so thankful to share the love from the kitchen with those who enjoy it enough to order more!!!

Yesterday was also the 44th wedding anniversary for my parents. I designed a deep chocolate cake with raspberry cream filling and topped with dark chocolate ganache. The effort from my heart was to replicate the Russell Stover's Raspberry Parfait taste so adored by my mother. Close but no cigar. At least the only culinary editorial from my daddy was concerning the dark chocolate. Ok, I had to agree that a sweeter chocolate would have been better.

When offered to join my parents for a bite, my brother, his wife, and two sons eagerly trekked over as did my husband and me. The atmosphere was the most wonderful aura of family love. It was great to see my parents in such a good place...such a good spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment