Friday, December 18, 2009

An Imagination of My Own Understanding

My Renovational Thoughts
Friday, December 18, 2009
  • Still working on the blue hair (fixed it!, Thanks Emmitt Smith, haircolor for men!)
  • Warming up down in Austin, today...for now
  • Still want to see more Christmas lights, they make me happy
  • Bingo...those people are SERIOUS! Daubers and all!
  • Love Holidays! 
  • Prayers please! Melanoma Sucks! Don't want other family to deal with it! (I will be there and take your backside to the place it needs to go if that be the case! No arguments, you know to whom I speak!) I will stoop as low as to get the breakfast group in on it! Love ya! You are the only one I have and I love you!
  • If you get pissed at my ponderings, I love you anyway, and you CAN delete me! Hugs!


You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
[info][add][mail]
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
 
     My focus requires a great deal of imagination. Daily, first thing in the morning, I have to become focused on what God may require of me. Don't know about y'all, but there are times when I have to just imagine. 
Main Entry: imag·i·na·tion 
Pronunciation: \i-ˌma-jə-ˈnā-shən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin imagination-, imaginatio, from imaginari
Date: 14th century
1 : the act or power of forming a mental image of something not present to the senses or never before wholly perceived in reality 2 a : creative ability b : ability to confront and deal with a problem : resourcefulness c : the thinking or active mind : interest 3 a : a creation of the mind; especially : an idealized or poetic creation b : fanciful or empty assumption
 
     First, I am going with the definition of perception. I have to come up with a mental image for something I cannot readily see (in a form quickly conjured by my mind's eye). I have to become focused to "perceive" God in my reality. 
      Once, I was told by a principal that I was hired because on the playground I needed no megaphone! That may have been a compliment, maybe not. Just go with it, I did. My belief is that she was merely making reference to the volume at which my voice carries. Now, for the second definition, I must continue to grow the talent God bestowed upon me. And, danged if it is NOT volume of voice! Still have the capacity, but I must learn its appropriate use and time.
     My writing sometimes falls under definition 2c. Now, the baking and decorating of cakes: hell, I am all over the spectrum on that one! Sometimes for carved or dimensionl cakes, I am totally at the will of the knife! Then at times, I sketch. Then, rarely, I follow directions. Anybody out there know that impulse?
      What do allow to be(come) from your imagination? 
PLEASE comment! I love to read what you think in regard to my posts!
Merry Christmas to y'all and to y'all "Don't let the bed bugs bite!"
    

No comments:

Post a Comment