Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tomorrow Was Right On Time This Morning!

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
[info][add][mail]
John Wayne (1907 - 1979)
My Renovational Thoughts
(and I made that word up this morning!)
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
  • Learned this morning that blue-hued black hair color turns silver hair...BLUE!
  • Waxing my upper lip is NOT an enjoyable task
  • Why does your underarm hair grow faster than all other hair, other than facial?
  • Why does the hair on your head become silver before that on your legs?
  • Why does weight loss HAVE to result in more WRINKLES?
  • Why does the dog actually ask to go out when I don't want to take her out?
  • I must REALLY love my husband, 'cause I despise ironing! Told him that, too!
  • Oh, back to the other day: When pronounced down here De Salle sounds like deh-cel. Bugs the tar outta me! 
  • Pecan pronunciations also bug the tar outta me. My papa told me that a pee-can was used on the trains! I say Puh-khan. Just sharing! Wink-Wink!
  • Then there is CARAMEL...I say car(think automobile)mull.
Likin' John Wayne's quote above. Kinda lookin' for some Twain this morning, but the Duke spoke to me first. Yesterday I had to write my way out of a self-imposed pit. Gotta stop that!
However, I am glad that tomorrow arrived on time this morning. I am a big fan to new beginnings and being able to fix something or fix it up some. As you could tell from the list above, I was fixin' myself up. Gettin' ready to travel up to see my family next week. 
I had allowed the move to Austin to frighten me as far as being away from my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and nephews. We all lived next door to each other. Well, as next door as you can be at a quarter mile apart (but, on the same land). I so love my family and really did/do not know how to be so far away from them. That to is a learning process. One I give to God daily (or by the hour). Just had a thought...I, for one, am very glad that God does not charge for His services. Geesh, daily or by the hour, I'd be more broke than I am already! 
Guess we all have to learn to live without some people in our lives. Circumstances are all different: death, divorce, distance, disdain. Man, those all begin with a "d." Hmmm, must think about that for a while. But, if there is distance, we can make it work. Technology is a big help. 
Timer is going off. Sending cupcakes off via Fed Ex tomorrow. Hmmm, I wonder who is gonna get cupcakes on Thursday???
All for now, I will be attending a study this evening and will have more to share in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment